At the top of the year, chatter behind closed doors was that the video industry was approaching a "dark ages". A bit doom and gloom but as the digital buying climate has tightened and various media companies found themselves reliant on Facebook and Google, the video industry has come under duress. The latest casualty is entertainment industry darling Jukin Media, which today is undergoing its first round of layoffs in the company's 7 year history.
[CORRECTION: VideoInk's newsletter referencing this news mis-stated that the company has seen a steep drop in revenue. A spokesperson has confirmed Jukin Media's revenue is up year over year in 2018, and in each of the past five years.]
The news was delivered to staff members earlier today...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers