When Snap Inc. first went public things looked good for the company. It had a strong following, unique features, and a growing content section. Fast forward to today, a little more than a year from going public, and the company is struggling. It has lost its appeal to creators, users are frustrated with the redesign, and celebrities are bad talking the app to their massive followings. Just last month Kylie Jenner took to Twitter and wrote "sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore? Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad," in a post that was shared over 350K times. Some attribute her remark as one of the main factors in the 6% drop in stock the company experienced shortly after. While its unlikely that one celebrity's opinion will...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers