Sports content -- especially live sporting events -- is one of the last weapons traditional networks have against the streaming industry. But that tide is quickly turning due to a shift in consumer viewing habits and wants. According to the Center for the Digital Future at USC Annenberg and ThePostGame, 63% of all sports fans are interested in paying for an all-sports over-the-top channel. Of those interested in streaming sports, 56% would pay more for online streaming than for traditional TV channels, and in households with children that number reaches 70%. This rising interest has caused an emergence of over-the-top services aiming to steal pay-TV subscribers with the promise of content guaranteed to make any sports fans dish out a fe...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers