Machinima's GM discusses the company's experience launching a 24/7 channel on Twitch and why it's reevaluating its content strategy on the platform
Machinima GM Russell Arons (pictured) has what she calls a "three month patience," meaning whenever the company launches a new initiative, like standing up a 24/7 channel on Twitch, she would like to have stepped away with some nugget of insight within at least three months.
"If we're just saying "We don't know' then it scares me and it tells me either the content is wrong or the platform isn't suited for what we're doing," Arons told Videoink in a recent interview.
The GM says that though it may drive her development team crazy, the tactic is necessary to stay ahead of the curve in a...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers