3 Important Video-Related Takeaways from Facebook's Q1 Earnings Call
So far, it's been a weird year for the video industry as the buying pool has decelerated. During its Q1 Earnings call, Facebook's executive team noted that the bulk of its video investment will be "weighted to the rest of the year", focusing attention during the call instead on Facebook's recent group-viewing product "Watch Party" and the acceleration of "Stories" adoption across Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. And despite strong viewership and critical acclaim for Facebook's talent-forward formats like those with Lavar Ball and Tom Brady, commentary about the performance of Watch and Facebook's commitment to video distribution was restrained. Given its latest he...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers