With Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon being the largest SVOD players on the market, it's no surprise that the US is at the forefront of most conversations concerning streaming video. However, just because The States, along with its streaming platforms, are the subject of conversation doesn't mean that international streaming industries aren't working just as hard. This article takes a closer look at who's doing what in the OTT industry of Russia, whose online video market grew by 60% to R7.7 billion ($124.2 million USD) in 2017.
Russia has become home to a number of OTT players that have been steadily gaining traction in the region. Aside from Netflix, which ranks as the number two SVOD service in the country (as far as subscribers are co...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers