All Def Media is Born as Video Company Looks To New Life After Simmons' Fog Clears
It's been almost 6 months since rap-legend-turned-attempted-spiritual-guru Russell Simmons was a casualty of the #metoo Movement, after several accusers came forward about aggressive and unsavory behavior at various times throughout Simmons career. At the time, Simmons' yoga/spiritual studio, Tantris, quickly dissociated from him, and various other companies tied to Simmons both quietly and not-so quietly pushed distance. And now, according to a leaked memo sent to staff, Simmons has officially been divested from All Def Digital -- a digital media business co-founded by Simmons in 2013. The company has also rebranded itself as All Def Media.
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers