Missed Payments, No Communication, and No End in Sight: Defy Media is Ghosting Some of its Smaller Publishers
Defy Media is acting incredibly shady, according to some of its smaller publishers that say the company owes them a sizable chunk of change. Complaints of missed payments first emerged on Twitter around April and quickly multiplied as the months went on. Publishers who are owed money say that the company has been in little to no communication with them over the issue.
"Hey, @defymedia @keithrichman, I sent another email yesterday requesting an update on payment," Tweeted one upset publisher with the user name of BourbonBanter. "Still no response. I could be paranoid but I'm starting to wonder if you're planning on st...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers