"Five Points," Facebook's first drama, experiences sharp drop in viewership, while mom-centric content continues to perform well
"Five Points," Facebook's long anticipated drama that follows several students at a South Side Chicago high school as they each experience a life-changing event, finally premiered last week. The first episode of the series, which is executive produced by Jon Avnet, Rodrigo Garcia, Jake Avnet and Kerry Washington, made quite a splash garnering over 2 million views in eight days. However, after its debut-- like many shows on Facebook's video platform -- the amount of views per episode dropped (by a lot).
From episode one to episode three, which were released on the same day, viewership sank by more than 80 p...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers