Facebook's most recent algorithm change may have shaken the foundation of business for many video publishers on the platform, but the website is still responsible for driving billions of views to digital-first media companies.
While a "video view" on Facebook is defined as a view of at least three seconds, which doesn't reveal a whole lot given that a viewer could drop off at the fourth second, the number shows that Facebook still provides publishers with the opportunity to get their content in front of viewers. It is then up to the publisher to convert that viewer into a follower.
Below are three publishers who have made sizable progress in not only accumulating more views on their content, but in converting those viewers into subscr...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers