Vertical video is the new horizontal. YouTube announces plans for its own vertical-based Stories feature.
YouTube is officially hopping on the vertical bandwagon. Today at its Vidcon presentation, the Google-owned company announce the launch of YouTube Stories, “designed specifically for YouTube creators.”
“With Youtube Stories, creators can make quick, lightweight videos,” announced YouTube’s Chief Product Officer Neal Mohan. “[Creators can do this] on the go, [with] no editing, no hassle, and no post-production.”
Details on the new product are slim, but from the pictures shown on stage at Vidcon, Youtube Stories is essentially another version of Snapchat Stories, something that both Facebook and Instagram have already mimic...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers