Jonathan Swerdlin (pictured) is the CEO and founder of Portal, a new video platform where advertising is non-existent.
Prior to Portal, Swerdlin was the founder of short-form video platform Ocho and Chairman of Thinx. Swerdlin also invests in startups as general partner of venture capital firm Wisdom.vc. When he’s not working on bettering Portal, the CEO says he’s biking around New York City or playing music.
This week we caught up with Swerdlin to talk about his new ad-free platform and why he thinks advertising is the biggest scam on the internet.
[READ] Portal, a New Video App, Gives the Middle Finger to the Ad Industry
Videoink: What led to Portal's creation?
Jonathan Swerdlin: Culture is at a crossroads. Either we...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers