It's been a sad year for the once-white-hot MCNs. The latest to undergo symptoms of a struggling industry is mitú -- the digital entertainment network aimed at super-serving a Latino-American audience. Today, according to sources, mitú has laid off more than 50% of its staff, including a majority of the C-suite -- Herb Scannell, who took the role in just shy of a year ago, and co-founder Beatriz Acevedo. Current CFO Ray Leon will stand as the interim CEO and, according to one source, Upfront Ventures' Mark Suster is closely overseeing the changes being made at mitú. CTO Alex Mostoufi is said to still be on staff, as well.
"The changes are departmental and a cleaning house of the senior staff," said one source that requested to remai...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers