Five issues with Instagram’s long-form vertical video product ‘IGTV’
With TV numbers on the decline, Instagram’s product manager Ashley Yuki was quick to boast the 60 percent growth in video viewing that Instagram has seen on its platform in the last year alone, during a recent presentation hosted in Los Angeles. By pointing out that over half of digital video watch time is on mobile and in a vertical position 98 percent of that time, Yuki (pictured) laid a path to justify Instagram’s push into long-form, vertical video.
Instagram's product lead Ashley Yuki addressed attendees at a private presentation about IGTV in Los Angeles.
“Those insights and trends really led to the principles that were really important to us in the de...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers