“On Location” show attracts half a million views per episode on Facebook Watch, despite low consumer awareness of the platform
For the past eight years, ABC News has been working to reconnect with the millions of consumers who have lost focus on their television sets in favor of their mobile phones. Most recently, the network partnered with Facebook Watch to launch "On Location," a daily news show created for a mobile audience. While Watch has been notorious for having low consumer awareness -- a recent study from The Diffusion Media Group found that half of Facebook users have no idea the company has a video platform -- ABC News has still been able to find success on the service.
Since launching last month, "On Location" has accumu...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers