Facebook wants more news and sports formats that “drive consumption,” says Henick
How exactly one measures success on Facebook Watch has been clouded in mystery. Behind the scenes, partners of the platform have struggled to understand exactly what the guidebook for success on the service looks like and Facebook hasn't offered much help. Is it views, concurrent viewership, engagement, retention, or a goldilocks mix of all five? Do they want game shows, talk shows, dramas, unscripted, or sports-focused content? Because, as of right now, they have a lot of everything. As one publisher, speaking under anonymity, put it, "Their content strategy is like throwing spaghetti on a wall and seeing what sticks."
But if you ask Facebook's head of co...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers