U.S. OTT providers have struggled in India, but here’s how Amazon could change that
With India's online video market expected to grow to $2.4 billion in value by 2023, OTT video providers -- especially those in the U.S. -- have been persistent in their efforts to gain traction in the country. However, even after increasing output of Indian content, streaming services are having a tough time breaking into the price-sensitive market, where the average annual earnings is around $1680. Meaning when is comes to allocating budget, subscription services are going to be at the bottom of the list for many consumers.
Currently dominating the market is Fox STAR's streaming service Hotstar and its more than 75 million subscribers, which dwarfs Net...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers