Esports “is not just a flash in the pan, it’s an industry that’s developing,” says Damon Lau, head of Esports at UTA
Daniel Cherry, CMO of Activision Blizzard, recently joined Jared Jeffries, former NBA star and current president of esports organization Echo Fox, to discuss the rapid growth of esports and what it means for the future of entertainment.
"The reason I wanted to play basketball was, as a poor kid from Indiana on a farm, I saw a headline a guy was making a million dollars playing basketball, and I was like ‘that’s for me right there,'” Jeffries said. “You’re going to have more kids grow up and see this as, this is my job forever, and they can play now until their thirties.”
Watch below for more detail on the rapid rise ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers