What does the future 'business of movies' look like. Three studios weigh in.
"There's a place for consuming content at home and there's a place for consuming content in a more communal environment," said Wyck Godfrey President of Motion Picture Group, Paramount Pictures. "The thing you see in the business right now is that the movies that are really working are great emotional experiences." It's a sentiment echoed by Julie Rieger from 20th Century Fox and IMAX's JL Pomeroy. The looming question to be answered by the three was how the new models being solidified by Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are impacting the future of theater-viewing. TheWrap's Managing Editor Thom Geier, who moderated the discussion, also prompted the entertainment e...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers