OTT tips and tricks from VRV’s Arlen Marmel, Xumo’s Anthony Layser and Frequency's George Rausch
There are currently more than 200 OTT services floating around the U.S. and one new trend that is popping up among them is the emergence of linear channels. What broadcasters accomplish with a fulltime 50-100 person staff, OTT companies are now attempting to do on a smaller budget and a smaller team. But for any OTT business considering to jump into linear, here are some key items to consider:
It is important to have the right technology.
Venturing into unknown territory, which linear is for many OTT companies, can be a tricky task without the proper technology.
George Rausch, former director of content at Pluto.TV and the current S...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers