“It’s like the Facebook Watch of vertical video -- just without the funding," one senior exec tells TheWrap
In the half year since IGTV launched to challenge more established vertical-video rivals like Snapchat, industry insiders and content creators have said Instagram's streaming platform has suffered from low consumer awareness and a lack of support for the creator community.
“It’s like the Facebook Watch of vertical video -- just without the funding," one senior exec who works closely with both Watch and IGTV told TheWrap.
That lack of funding makes a big difference in terms of the platform’s potential success. When Facebook Watch first launched in August 2017, it dedicated an estimated $1 billion to the ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers