Oscars Best Original Song Contenders: Sounwave, Diane Warren, Keegan DeWitt and more join TheWrap’s panel discussion
Producer Sounwave is used to “throwing paint on the wall” when he works with Kendrick Lamar. However, both he and Lamar were presented with an immense challenge and opportunity when they were asked to write original songs for Ryan Coogler’s “Black Panther.”
Knowing that the movie could easily be the biggest film of the year (they were right), they had to find a way to make their songs fit the flow of individual moments, but also consider how their song might sound on the radio.
“When you have a movie like ‘Black Panther’ and you have a lot riding on it and you know how big the movie can be, and they give you scenes and you have to match the intensity of each scene, we’ve never done anything like this,” Sounwave told TheWrap’s Steve Po...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers