From how people consume content to where they consume it
Video consumption habits are constantly changing, from short-form to long-form, desktop video to mobile and VOD to live content.
While publishers are hesitant to go all in on any one trend -- as they should be -- it’s worth it to identify trends taking place in the video industry.
Content creators are shifting their strategy to account for connected TVs
According to a report from Conviva, connected TVs accounted for almost as many plays (38 percent) as mobile devices (39 percent) in the third quarter of 2018. Connected TVs also represented 56 percent of OTT viewing time, more than twice as much as viewed on mobiles (25 percent).
With eyeballs drifting back to ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers