“Big Bang Theory” and “NCIS” data won’t go away — it’ll just get really expensive
"Big Bang Theory" and "NCIS" data won't go away -- it'll just get really expensive
Could CBS walk away from Nielsen? And if it does, well, what then?
CBS is considering ending its longstanding contract with Nielsen, which annually pays out $100 million to the TV ratings service, when its current contract expires at the end of the year, multiple people with knowledge of the ongoing negotiations tell TheWrap.
"We expect to arrive at a mutually beneficial agreement well in advance of Dec 31," a Nielsen spokesperson said in a statement to TheWrap.
CBS declined to comment on this story.
While some insiders believe CBS's threat may just be a negotiating tactic, the possibility raises the question of what would happen if one of ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers