Going into 2019, Apple, Disney, WarnerMedia, Quibi and Walmart are expected to launch subscription video on-demand (SVOD) services.
While some are celebrating the rapid growth of the OTT industry, Tubi CEO Farhad Massoudi believes that subscription fatigue will become a real dilemma in 2019.
He predicts a decrease in niche SVOD services and a surge in consumers using ad-supported (free) services to supplement their entertainment consumption. We sat down with Massoudi for more of his predictions about 2019 and what the arrival of new streaming services from established companies will mean for the industry.
In 2019, what shift can we expect to see in the way people consume content?
In the new year, we will continue to see mor...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers