“Advertising is tough. Advertising is fickle,” Sargent tells James Creech in the lastest “All Things Video” podcast
Jen Sargent (pictured) is the COO of Wondery, the podcast network behind hits like "Dr. Death," "Gladiator" and "Business Wars." Prior to Wondery, Jen worked in investment banking and venture capital in addition to gaining experience as an operator through her time at DoubleClick and Reed Business Information. She took the entrepreneurial leap in 2008, co-founding the digital media company HitFix, which was acquired by Uproxx in 2016.
In the latest episode of All Things Video, Jen and I discuss a number of challenges facing digital publishers, particularly the need to diversify their revenue streams and improve their unit economics. Digital publishers monetize primarily through advertising, which can create a “race to the bottom” in term...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers