“He’s very special, very clever,” Cruz says of director Asghar Farhadi
Penélope Cruz says that her character Laura in the new film “Everybody Knows” is the most difficult role she’s played in her career. But she said that her performance wouldn’t have been possible without the “demanding” influence of director Asghar Farhadi.
“We all know he’s very special, very clever and very demanding. I say he’s demanding in a very good way. For me, that’s a virtue, not something bad,” Cruz told TheWrap’s Sharon Waxman in an interview at the Toronto Film Festival. “I don’t think how I could’ve done that with somebody that didn’t have what he has.”
Farhadi, an Iranian director whose films “A Separation” and “The Salesman” both won the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, returns with “Everybody Knows” about a woman who r...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers