Sundance 2019: First two episodes of “Delhi Crime” premiered during the festival
Writer and director Richie Mehta made promises in his latest project. With “Delhi Crime Story” he had an obligation to honor the story, be compassionate and be on the right side of the story of a 2012 New Delhi gang rape that lead to India changing laws and beginning to fix a broken system.
“Delhi Crime” is a seven-part police procedural drama based on the real-life gruesome gang rape of a young Indian woman in New Delhi. The series, detailing the fraught investigation and the race against the clock, follows a true-to-life, no-nonsense female police commissioner who begins to uncover the horrifying details of the fatal assault. The inquiry becomes a serpentine quest for clarity and justice within a corrupt government system and a pervasi...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers