Also: The “Serial” team announces an upcoming deep dive into the public school system
Fans of Bill Nye, Topher Grace and the seminal podcast “Serial” can rejoice — there’s new audio content coming to your earbuds soon.
Seven major podcasts networks such as NPR, Stitcher, Wondery, ESPN and IHeartPodcast Network — as well as independent outfits like “Serial” and “Armchair Expert” — unveiled their upcoming lineups and partnerships at this month’s Winter Podcast Upfront in Beverly Hills. In total, the podcast networks gave advertisers and media a glimpse of how big podcasts have become, growing into an industry that has daily podcast downloads in the tens of millions, according to researchers.
Here are some of the highlights from the event:
Also Read: Latest Trail...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers