Quirky 2014 vampire cult movie rises from the grave as a television show on FX
Being a human slave to a coven full of underachieving vampires can truly suck.
Just ask Harvey Guillén, who plays Guillermo — a mortal assistant to a bunch of centuries-old blood-sucking misfits from Staten Island — in FX’s adaptation of “What We Do in the Shadows.”
“We kind of do all the dirty work,” Guillén told TheWrap. “I’m not a vampire but I long to be a vampire, so I actually do whatever it takes to please my master.”
Also Read: 'What We Do in the Shadows': Jemaine Clement Tells Us Why He and Taika Waititi Aren't the Stars of FX Series
Among his daily chores: Closing all the curtains during sunlight hours, making sure the coffins are shut ever so tightly, and procuring a never-ending supply of virgin blood, the undead’s dish ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers