Bell and the cow had a “spiritual connection,” she says
Thanks to her new ABC comedy “Bless This Mess,” Lake Bell now has direct, personal experience with cow saliva.
“In between takes with any… bovine thespians that are on the show, I hug them. I have been licked by cows, which, I didn’t know that they do but they do that, like dogs,” Bell told TheWrap in an interview, which you can watch above. “They have an extraordinary amount of saliva that occurs in their mouth, and on the tongue and just all over. And yet, I loved it.”
“Bless This Mess,” premiering Tuesday night at 9:30 on ABC, was co-created by Bell and “New Girl” creator Liz Meriwether. The pair also co-wrote the pilot together, which Bell directed and stars in. The story follows newlyweds Rio and Mike as they spontaneously decide...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers