Be Conference 2019: “After three meetings, they are either in or out,” venture capitalist Jesse Draper says
Years after venture capitalist Jesse Draper invested in Lauren Schulte Wang’s The Flex Company, the two reunited to offer young entrepreneurs advice on how to get funding and launch their products at TheWrap’s annual BE Conference in Santa Monica, Calif. on Thursday.
Draper, who is the founding partner of Halogen Ventures, actually invested in Flex — which designed a new menstrual product for 12 hours of period protection and mess-free period sex. When she was asked how she chooses her companies and entrepreneurs, Draper’s answer was simple: She looks for uniqueness.
“I had seen tampons for a long time and Lauren was creating something different,” she explained. “There are three things I look for: 1) a unique product that is disruptiv...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers