“Our goals are aggressive,” Xumo SVP of Marketing and Content Operations Fern Feistel says
The ad-supported OTT content provider Xumo has an ambitious goal for this year: to quadruple the number of hours that its 5.5 million monthly active users stream on its owned-and-operated properties.
In 2018, Xumo’s O&O services accounted for half of its total hours streamed, company’s newly appointed SVP of marketing and content operations Fern Feistel. If all goes according to plan, its O&Os will contribute over 80% of total hours streamed by the end of 2019.
The company, founded in 2011 as a joint venture of Panasonic and MySpace parent Viant, will test various discovery methods designed to connect users to more of the content they like and extend time spent on the platform. After running these tests, Feistel said she...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers