As HBO says goodbye to the Seven Kingdoms, a look at the network’s future
HBO has been the envy of the TV world for the better part of two decades, with a seemingly unbroken chain of critical and ratings hits featuring A-list talent that has nabbed the network a ton of Emmys, and healthy profits.
And by far, HBO’s biggest-ever success has been “Game of Thrones,” a show that over eight seasons has been an unmatched pop culture juggernaut that continues to set ratings records. But as the curtain finally closes on the Seven Kingdoms with Sunday’s series finale, HBO is at a fork in the road. The show ends one week after the series finale of another major success, “Veep,” and there’s no clear successor in the wings.
That’s why it’s understandable that earlier this ...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers