TheGrill 2019: “The next round will be bundling of over-the-top services,” Burns says
TheGrill 2019: “I think that these tech companies, they’re getting closer and closer in our world and we need to co-exist with them,” Burns says
Speculation about the demise of cable bundles has been greatly exaggerated, according to Lionsgate’s Michael Burns. The industry will just replace “cable” with “OTT.”
“The next round will be bundling of over-the-top services,” said Burns, the studio’s vice chairman who spoke at The Grill, TheWrap’s annual business and entertainment conference, on Wednesday. “That will be the usual partners — the ones that you would think of — but I think there are going to be a lot of new ones that you’re going to say, ‘Well, that makes a lot of sense. That could be bundled together with a Starz app o...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers