“We all need each other, there’s an ecosystem,” Tubi chief content officer Adam Lewinson says
Tubi’s chief content officer, Adam Lewinson, isn’t sweating competition in the ad-supported video space, not even from powerhouses like Amazon and Roku. In fact, he said Wednesday that Roku’s entrance into the ad space has helped Tubi.
“What I think The Roku Channel has done is they’ve validated the space and they’ve helped educate [consumers] through some of the Roku boxes,” Lewinson said during a panel on streaming at The Grill, TheWrap’s annual business and entertainment conference, joined by Awesomeness co-head Shelley Zimmerman and Conde Nast Entertainment SVP of production Bruce Perlmutter.
Lewinson that Roku’s move into ad-supported streaming has helped educate consumers about the medium — “and we get them over to Tubi and they...
Oops! This is a Members Only post! Become a member to access!
Join WrapPRO for Exclusive Content, Full Video Access, Premium Events, and More!
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- 5 exclusive members-only stories a week
- Digital Video industry analysis and deep-dive features
- Daily WrapPRO newsletter covering the latest digital video industry news
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Series with stars and filmmakers
- Access to “chill spots” at select industry events Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and more
- Access to exclusive invite-only events (TheGrill)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers