UPDATED – 6:45PM
Lindsay Lohan's lawyer Shawn Chapmen Holley issued the following statement on Tuesday evening
"At this time, we are declining to comment on the underlying facts surrounding this incident, as we await the completion of the police investigation. It should be noted, however, that it was Ms. Lohan who called 911 to request police assistance at the time this incident occurred."
At almost the same time, the Betty Ford Center has, according to TMZ, fired Dawn Holland, the staffer who says Lohan attacked her on Dec. 12. "Regrettably, on December 21, 2010,” said the Betty Ford on Tuesday, “one of our employees violated strict confidentiality guidelines and laws by publicly identifying patients in a media interview and by disclosing a privileged document…The employee has been terminated by the Betty Ford Center.”
Once again, just in time for Christmas, Lindsay Lohan proves she is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
Lindsay Lohan might not be feeling the Christmas spirit this year after all.
The actress was expected to finish her long stint in rehab on Jan. 3 but a recent altercation with Dawn Holland, a staff member at the Betty Ford center, where the “Mean Girls” actress has been sequestered since late September, could see Lohan heading behind bars for six months.
That was the penalty Judge Elden Fox laid out for LiLo at an Oct. 22 court hearing related to her problematic probation from a 2007 DUI. The judge made it very clear there would be consequences if the tabloid fixture got in any more trouble. Well, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department has confirmed Lindsay, who just broke her long silence on Twitter on Dec. 15, is in trouble now.
"Lohan was reported as the suspect in the investigation and the victim desired prosecution,” a spokesman for the department told TheWrap.
Lindsay is reported to have gotten very very upset when Holland, a technician at Betty Ford, requested the actress submit to a drug and alcohol test on Dec. 12 after returning late for a night out of the treatment facility. So upset that in fact that there was pushing and shoving, actions that are now being characterized as Lohan supposedly attacked the staffer in rage and injured her wrist.
Police were called to the Betty Ford around 1a.m. that night. The police are saying that Holland is seeking prosecution and the incident could result in a misdemeanor charge – another black mark on what has been a very dark year for Lohan.
Despite good reviews for her short appearance in Robert Rodriguez’s “Machete” earlier this year, 2010 saw Lohan spending way more time in court, rehab and even behind bars than she ever did in front of a camera in a leading role.
Never one not to fight back, Lohan, according to TMZ, is getting ready to file a formal complaint against the Betty Ford staffer. In fact, having lost, or left, her starring role in “Inferno,” the Linda Lovelace biopic, Lohan is without work and once again looks to be on the edge of a far greater abyss.