Nat Geo Wraps Neil deGrasse Tyson Investigation, Is ‘Moving Forward’ With ‘StarTalk’ and ‘Cosmos’

Season 2 of “Cosmos” was supposed to start earlier this month

Last Updated: March 15, 2019 @ 2:01 PM

Nat Geo’s investigation into sexual misconduct accusations against Neil deGrasse Tyson is “complete,” the cable channel said Friday, and it is “moving forward with both ‘StarTalk’ and ‘Cosmos.'”

Talk show “StarTalk” will return next month with its remaining 13 episodes. We do not yet have an air date for Season 2 of shared Fox and Nat Geo series “Cosmos.”

“The investigation is complete, and we are moving forward with both ‘StarTalk’ and ‘Cosmos,'” National Geographic Channel said in a statement. “‘StarTalk’ will return to the air with the remaining 13 episodes in April on National Geographic, and both Fox and National Geographic are committed to finding an air date for ‘Cosmos.’ There will be no further comment.”

Season 2 of “Cosmos” was originally supposed to premiere on March 3. That was scrubbed from the schedule when it became clear that the investigation would not wrap in time.

The investigation began last November, after the website Patheos published accusations by three different women: a former classmate who said Tyson sexually assaulted her in 1984 when they were both grad students; a Bucknell University professor who said Tyson sexually harassed her in 2009; and Tyson’s former assistant, who said he harassed her in 2018. In December, an anonymous woman told Buzzfeed that Tyson harassed her in 2010.

In a statement posted to his Facebook account on Dec. 1, Tyson denied the accusation of sexual assault, and said that his behavior in 2009 and 2018 had been misinterpreted, though he apologized for any misunderstanding. Tyson also said that he welcomed the investigation. He has not commented on the fourth accusation.