‘Power Rangers’ Actor Ricardo Medina Jr. Won’t Immediately Face Charges in Deadly Stabbing

District attorney’s office has asked for further investigation

Actor Ricardo Medina Jr., who appeared on the TV show “Power Rangers Samurai,” won’t immediately face charges relating to a deadly stabbing on Saturday, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office told TheWrap on Tuesday.

A spokesperson said that the district attorney’s office has asked for further investigation into the case, and that charges could be filed at a later date.

As TheWrap previously reported,  Medina Jr. was being held on $1 million bail after being arrested for allegedly killing a man with a sword Saturday in Palmdale, California.

The victim was the actor’s roommate, 36-year-old Joshua Sutter.

Medina, 36, entered his bedroom with his girlfriend and closed the door, according to deputies, and when Sutter forced his way into the room, Medina stabbed him once in the abdomen with a sword that he kept behind the bedroom door.

After Sutter collapsed, his alleged assailant then dialed 911 at around 4 p.m. Saturday and later spoke to detectives at the scene before he was arrested, deputies said. He was booked for suspicion of murder at the sheriff’s Palmdale station.

The actor appeared on the “Power Rangers Samurai” series from 2011 to 2012. The series, featuring Japanese cartoon-like action, was roundly criticized for its on-screen violence when it debuted on U.S. television.