The estate of deceased music legend Prince is probably wishing that it hadn’t decided to cancel parties at Paisley Park right about now.
The estate has been hit with a claim by event planner Ricky Barron, who says that he’s out a bundle after the estate nixed a pair of events at Prince’s famed Minnesota residence, including an event for Make-a-Wish Minnesota.
According to Barron’s claim, filed Wednesday in court in Carver County, Minnesota, the estate put the kibosh on Make-a-Wish event that was to be held May 21 — a month after the singer died at age 57 — as well as an event for Mixed Blood Theatre.
All told, Barron claims that he’s out more than $56,000, including for consulting fees, rental equipment catering.
Bremer Trust, the special administrator for Prince’s estate, has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment on Barron’s claim.
This isn’t the first time that the estate has been dinged over event cancellations. Earlier this month, Jack Reuler, the artistic director of Mixed Blood Theatre, filed a claim over the cancellation of the Theatre’s 40th anniversary gala, which was to be held on May 14. Reuler claims that the Theatre was out nearly $350,000 due to the cancellation.
The Theatre claimed that tickets and sponsorships had to be refunded, among other damages.
Prince died April 21 of what was later found to be an overdose of the opioid painkiller Fentanyl. The singer was found unresponsive in the elevator of his Paisley Park home in Minneapolis, days after reportedly being treated for an overdose of the painkiller Percocet.
Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.