San Bernardino Female Shooter Pledged Allegiance to ISIS on Facebook

The post has been removed, and it’s not clear how authorities obtained it

Last Updated: December 4, 2015 @ 10:17 AM

The female shooter in the San Bernardino shootings that left 14 people dead and 21 wounded had pledged allegiance to ISIS in a Facebook post.

According to the New York Times, the post has been removed and it’s not clear how law enforcement officials obtained it.

However, there is no evidence that ISIS directed Tashfeen Malik and her husband Syed Farook to open fire at a holiday party at the Inland Regional Center.

“At this point we believe they were more self-radicalized and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting,” said federal law enforcement officials.

The Times reports that the couple took several steps to cover their electronic tracks, leading authorities to believe that the shooting was premeditated.

While the motive for the shootings remains unclear, the discovery of Malik’s Facebook post has prompted authorities to consider the possibility that this was a terror attack.

On Wednesday, a man and woman opened fire at the social services facility. About four hours later, police located a dark-colored SUV and engaged its occupants in a street shootout that killed the two suspects. They were later identified as Farook, 28, and Malik, 27.

Farook’s coworkers at the San Bernardino County public health department told the Los Angeles Times that the U.S. citizen met Tashfeen Malik online and returned with her after a visit to Saudi Arabia earlier this year.

Keep
Reading...

Looks like you’re enjoying reading
Keep reading by creating
a free account or logging in.