Season 2 of “Stranger Things” hasn’t even been released yet, but the Duffer Brothers have teased that Season 3 of the Netflix series is a go and that they plan to do one — but just one — more after it.
“We’re thinking it will be a four-season thing and then out,” co-creator Ross Duffer told Vulture, explaining that they can’t have their protagonists constantly running through the Upside-Down.
“We just have to keep adjusting the story,” brother Matt Duffer added. “Though I don’t know if we can justify something bad happening to them once a year.”
Matt Duffer of course is referring to the kids featured in the Netflix show, played by Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp and Millie Bobby Brown.
“They’re going to have to get the f— out of this town!” Ross added. “It’s ridiculous!”
Previously, the co-creators revealed that Season 2 will introduce a new monster and this new beast will be getting a lot more screen time.
“Last season, a lot of the horror and a lot of what was happening with Will was off screen in the Upside Down,” said Ross Duffer. “That’s not the case [in Season 2]. The horror is more up-close and personal.”
“Stranger Things” also stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Natalia Dyer and Joe Keery. The first season became a cult phenomenon when it was released last year.
“Stranger Things” Season 2 returns to Netflix on Oct. 27.
Netflix has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.