It’s another court date, another hospital visit for Marion “Suge” Knight. Except this time, there’s a twist.
The rap mogul told a judge in Los Angeles Monday that he has fired his attorneys, the Associated Press reports.
Knight made the disclosure shortly before being rushed to the hospital, marking the third time that he has been hospitalized on the day of a court appearance since he was charged with murder and attempted murder in January. According to the Associated Press, Knight was taken away before his case was called.
Speaking on his own behalf, the fallen rap mogul told a judge that he had let his legal team go. Knight also complained of his medical treatment while in custody, telling the judge that he is going blind.
David Kenner, who had been representing Knight in the murder case, has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.
Knight has been charged with murder and attempted murder, stemming from a fatal hit-and-run incident in Compton, Calif., during which he allegedly ran over two men with his truck, killing one. The deceased victim was identified as Terry
Kenner had represented Knight for a brief period of time. The Death Row Records co-founder had previously been represented by James Blatt.
Due to Knight’s prior convictions, he faces life in prison if convicted of the new charges.