Rap mogul Suge Knight, currently facing charges of murder and attempted murder in connection with an automobile collision in Compton, California in January, has had his bail set at $25 million, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office told TheWrap on Friday.
Knight is next due in court Apr. 13 for his preliminary hearing.
The former Death Row Records boss (born Marion Hugh Knight) was initially denied bail after being charged. He is accused of running over Terry Carter and Cle “Bone” Sloan, killing Carter and injuring Sloan.
Knight has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Due to Knight’s prior convictions, he faces life in prison if convicted of the new charges.
Shortly after Knight’s bail was announced, KABC-TV reporter Robert Holguin tweeted that the fallen music mogul had collapsed in the courtroom.
“Suge Knight collapses in court. Once again, requires medical attention in the wake of court appearance,” Holguin tweeted.
Moments later, Holguin tweeted, “Attorney for Suge Knight says his client collapsed in court, hit head on chair and knocked himself unconscious. Transported to hospital.”
Knight, 49, has been hospitalized no fewer than three times on days when he was due in court.
Health scares haven’t been the only source of tumult in the case. Earlier this month, speaking on his own behalf, Knight told the judge that he had fired his attorneys. At the time, David Kenner had been representing Knight for a brief period. Prior to that, Knight had been represented by James Blatt.