Dwight Henry, who also appeared in “12 Years a Slave,” has joined Luke Jaden and Cort Johns’ indie film
- By Jason Hughes | November 13, 2014 @ 8:24 PM
Executive vice president of acquisitions is training executive Ray Strache so that he can step away from the company in March
- By Steve Pond | April 10, 2014 @ 8:47 AM
Drama from three first-time feature directors deals with a 60-year-old nightclub hostess
- By Jeff Sneider | September 5, 2013 @ 12:18 PM
The protagonist is a young girl. Calling Quvenzhane Wallis …
- By Steve Pond | July 12, 2013 @ 11:07 AM
Can lightning strike two years in a row for scrappy, low-budget indie debuts set in largely African-American communities that are seldom seen on the big screen?
- By Steve Pond | May 25, 2013 @ 10:46 AM
Three-hour drama, which received attention for its graphic sex scenes, was named the fest's best film by international film critics' organization
- By Ira Teinowitz | April 26, 2013 @ 1:23 PM
Weinstein urged Congress to enact royalty law to protect the creative class from sites that "steal content"
- By Rebecca Rosenberg | February 24, 2013 @ 1:16 PM
The competition for Best Director is a toss up between a beloved Hollywood director and a directorial newcomer as the Oscar race comes to a close.
- By Steve Pond | February 23, 2013 @ 3:22 PM
David O. Russell's Oscar nominee wins four awards, including Best Feature; "The Sessions" takes two acting prizes
‘Beasts of the Southern Wild’ Borrowed Obama’s Grassroots Strategy to Land Young Star Quvenzhane WallisBy Jordan Riefe | October 24, 2012 @ 9:59 AM
From canvassing the countryside for amateur actors to turning baby pigs into mythological creatures, "Beasts of the Southern Wild" odd path to indie-film glory