From an uncertain race to great comebacks to major studios, here are some things to celebrate as Oscar season pauses (barely) for Thanksgiving
- By STEVE POND Photography by IRVIN RIVERA | November 18, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
TheWrap Oscar magazine: “I always felt like I wanted to be a step ahead of the audience,” the Korean director says
- By Jeremy Fuster | November 3, 2019 @ 10:29 AM
Korean filmmaker now has his first $100 million-plus global grosser
- By Steve Pond | October 28, 2019 @ 1:00 AM
With awards also going to Wes Studi, Geena Davis and David Lynch, the fastest, loosest Governors Awards in years was an emotional but rollicking tribute to some really cool people.
- By Steve Pond | October 18, 2019 @ 9:52 AM
From the premiere of “Bombshell” to the launch of the international race (can anything beat “Parasite”?) to the return of Elton John, here’s what we learned on the awards circuit this week
- By Jeremy Fuster | October 13, 2019 @ 9:46 AM
Bong Joon-Ho film posts largest per screen average since 2016
- By Ben Croll | October 9, 2019 @ 2:54 PM
Cannes 2019: This darkly funny thriller with a searing social conscience is a remarkable success, but will the jury see past its genre?
- By Steve Pond | September 8, 2019 @ 4:03 PM
Toronto Film Festival 2019: TIFF has showcased everything from Mr. Rogers to urban dramas, but Todd Phillips’ dark comic movie looms large