Everything but the locusts descend on a family and their adopted gay deaf son in Craig Lucas's new play
- By Robert Hofler | September 20, 2018 @ 4:30 PM
Sharr White's new play puts a foul-mouth political dynamo center stage and surrounds her with male ciphers
- By Robert Hofler | September 12, 2018 @ 5:30 PM
Jen Silverman's comedy is perfectly nonsensical in its telling exploration of five women's very fluid sex life.
- By Robert Hofler | August 16, 2018 @ 6:14 PM
Samantha Barks and Andy Karl take over for Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in a too-faithful stage adaptation of the movie. But who forgot to invite Cinderella?
- By Robert Hofler | August 13, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
A new musical about the unemployed in New Jersey recalls the glory days of the vanity show on Broadway
- By Robert Hofler | July 30, 2018 @ 5:30 PM
Free women of color cope with the Louisiana Purchase in Marcus Gardley's often funny new play
- By Robert Hofler | July 27, 2018 @ 6:31 AM
In the time-honored tradition of "Mamma Mia!," the hit songs have nothing to do with the tale being told
- By Robert Hofler | July 24, 2018 @ 6:30 PM
Steve Rubell and someone who looks and acts a lot like Andy Warhol face off in an evil-twin contest, from the makers of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
- By Robert Hofler | July 23, 2018 @ 6:03 PM
In their Broadway debuts, the actors play male types we've seen them embody in far better movies and TV shows
- By Robert Hofler | July 19, 2018 @ 5:33 AM
A classic film about Nazis has been turned into a Lillian Hellman melodrama, one that is best titled "The Big Foxes"
- By Robert Hofler | July 16, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Under its forced whimsy, Rinne Groff's new play offers odd messages about immigrants and abortion
- By Robert Hofler | July 15, 2018 @ 5:00 PM
Harry Gibson's adaptation makes for extraordinary immersive theater under Adam Spreadbury-Maher's direction
- By Robert Hofler | July 12, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
The playwright uses the fractured chronology of David Hare's "Plenty" to ill effect
'On a Clear Day You Can See Forever' Theater Review: Even Barbra Streisand Couldn't Make This Musical WorkBy Robert Hofler | June 28, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
The latest revival showcases Burton Lane and Alan Jay Lerner's great score but doesn't solve the problems of Lerner's flawed book
- By Robert Hofler | June 27, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Dennis Kelly's play makes it clear who deserves all the blame, the women or the men