Joaquin Phoenix says he hates the Academy Awards circus — but, hey, everybody hates Oscar campaigning. And he's still likely to get an Oscar nomination
- By Todd Cunningham | October 15, 2012 @ 5:28 PM
Despite a record-breaking debut, "The Master" clearly won't make back its $40M budget and marketing costs for Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures at the box office
- By Todd Cunningham | September 16, 2012 @ 8:22 AM
Paul Thomas Anderson's Scientology-inspired tale "The Master" averages $145,949 for weekend on five screens in NY and LA. With day-and-date VOD, "Arbitrage" take in $2M at box office
- By Brent Lang | September 14, 2012 @ 10:25 AM
"The Master," a film about a religion with a strong whiff of Scientology, is finding supports from the critics
- By Alonso Duralde | September 13, 2012 @ 9:26 AM
Watching “The Master,” I found myself impressed with the craftsmanship but strangely disengaged
- By Steve Pond | September 8, 2012 @ 6:59 AM
On a day crammed with high-profile premieres, Toronto showcases Ben Affleck's crowd-pleasing "Argo" and Paul Thomas Anderson's tough, weird "The Master"
- By Steve Pond | September 2, 2012 @ 12:41 PM
Terrence Malick's "To the Wonder" is jeered and praised in Venice, while Joaquin Phoenix angers photographers at the premiere of "The Master"
- By Steve Pond | August 17, 2012 @ 9:40 AM
"It's an awesome, crazy mess of a movie," said one viewer after second surprise screening of Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master"