How does the critically acclaimed “Shazam” hold up against decades of DC Comics movie history?
the dark knight
- By Brian Welk | March 12, 2019 @ 10:00 AM
Christopher Nolan will join a moderated Q&A between the films on March 30
- By Phil Owen | December 29, 2018 @ 1:45 PM
How does the standalone “Aquaman” movie fare in our rankings?
- By Brian Welk | September 24, 2018 @ 12:13 PM
The Oscar Legacy of ‘The Dark Knight': Christopher Nolan’s Hit Changed the Rules, But Did That Even Matter?By Steve Pond | July 18, 2018 @ 1:30 PM
The Best Picture category was expanded after the blockbuster was snubbed, but the years since then have mostly seen more indie films nominated
- By Umberto Gonzalez | July 18, 2018 @ 7:00 AM
IMAX theatres in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco and Toronto will showcase the film for one week starting August 24
- By Matt Hejl | January 5, 2018 @ 4:44 PM
From insomniac to superhero, Bale will do just about anything for a role — including risk his health
- By Phil Owen | November 16, 2017 @ 9:05 AM
How does “Justice League” stack up against all the other Batman movies?
- By Brian Welk and Phil Hornshaw | July 22, 2017 @ 12:24 PM
Where does auteur’s new WWII drama land?
- By Carli Velocci | April 17, 2017 @ 8:37 AM
The movie composer kicks off an international tour next month
- By Jeremy Fuster | November 4, 2016 @ 2:00 PM
Where will Steppenwolf rank in the DC movie rogues’ gallery?
- By Jeremy Fuster | September 14, 2016 @ 3:29 PM
Many directors and costume designers have had their takes on Batman’s outfit, ranging from simple utility belts to chiseled abs
- By Beatrice Verhoeven | August 16, 2016 @ 12:02 PM
Fans used the hashtag to list their seven favorite movies of all time
- By Jeremy Fuster | July 2, 2016 @ 11:39 AM
Who from the cast of “Captain America: Civil War” enters the pantheon of comic book movie greats?
- By Phil Owen | March 23, 2016 @ 11:31 AM
How do the Batman actors do when they’re put into Bruce Wayne’s tux? We evaluate.
- By Phil Owen | March 23, 2016 @ 10:01 AM
Only one Batman can be the best, but the one in “Batman v Superman” isn’t bad
A History of Violence at the Movie Theater: From 1979’s ‘The Warriors’ Gang Showdown to 2015’s Lafayette TragedyBy Reid Nakamura and Kathy Zerbib | July 24, 2015 @ 1:27 PM
In light of the Louisiana movie theater shooting during a screening of “Trainwreck,” TheWrap looks back at past horrific incidents
- By Reid Nakamura | June 9, 2015 @ 12:42 PM
Screen Junkies series pokes fun at the “completely unnecessary sequel”
- By Todd Cunningham | April 6, 2015 @ 5:56 PM
“Avengers” sequel, “Hunger Games” finale, first “Star Wars” movie in a decade, “Spectre” and “Minions” all good bets
- By Todd Cunningham | April 5, 2015 @ 3:27 PM
TheWrap pays homage to Hollywood’s leading men and women who thrived in their films’ posthumous box-office run
IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster on Bucking Downward Box Office Trend: ‘We Had to Change Our Business Model’By Scott Bowles | January 16, 2015 @ 6:00 AM
“We cracked the code on the film side,” the executive tells TheWrap in this week’s “Office With a View”
- By Todd Cunningham | November 30, 2014 @ 4:11 PM
The giants screens have delivered more than $90 million globally for Christopher Nolan’s space epic
- By Todd Cunningham | November 10, 2014 @ 3:09 PM
Exhibitor will keep Christopher Nolan’s space epic on its 368 screens rather than switch for the opening of Jennifer Lawrence’s saga
- By Todd Cunningham | November 9, 2014 @ 2:00 PM
The $50 million debut of Christopher Nolan’s space epic was impressive, but could it ever measure up to the buzz?
- By Todd Cunningham | November 5, 2014 @ 3:31 PM
Christopher Nolan’s space epic launches on IMAX screens and in 35mm, 70mm film showings
- By Todd Cunningham | November 4, 2014 @ 3:06 PM
At director’s behest, the space epic starring Matthew McConaughey blasts off with 240 IMAX, 70mm and 35mm film showings
- By Sharon Waxman | October 23, 2014 @ 1:21 AM
The film offered up a stunning vision of a future in which the survival of humanity is not a given
- By Jason Hughes | October 9, 2014 @ 1:51 AM
Franco mashes up movies and genres to hilarious results in his new AOL series “Making a Scene”
- By Greg Gilman | October 1, 2014 @ 10:05 AM
Christopher Nolan’s latest film hits theaters on Nov. 7
- By Gina Hall | September 8, 2014 @ 12:58 PM
Armstrong will take over for 29-year veteran Patti Connolly, who will retire this fall