A ranked list of the biggest hits on the Great White Way, as of March 8, 2020 (according to The Broadway League)
The Lion King
- By Brian Welk | October 1, 2020 @ 9:41 AM
The first viewership data from Nielsen hints at what opening-weekend revenues might be
- By Brian Welk | September 29, 2020 @ 9:14 AM
Jon Favreau directed the live-action remake from 2019
- By Beatrice Verhoeven | September 7, 2020 @ 12:50 PM
The studio is raiding its vault to remake classics including "The Little Mermaid"
- By Steve Pond | July 31, 2020 @ 5:33 AM
This visual feast based on Beyoncé's 2019 album "The Lion King: The Gift" finds its moments of glory in the strength of its images, which are more arresting than the story or the subtext
- By Brian Welk | February 6, 2020 @ 10:58 AM
"Our company @WaltDisneyCo apologizes to the Emerson Elementary School PTA and I will personally donate to their fund raising initiative," CEO says
- By Steve Pond | January 29, 2020 @ 10:24 PM
The Disney remake takes three awards, while Martin Scorsese's "The Irishman" wins two
- By Steve Pond | January 7, 2020 @ 8:00 AM
Other projects with multiple nominations include "Alita: Battle Angel," "Toy Story 4," "Stranger Things" and "Lost in Space"
- By Rosemary Rossi | December 30, 2019 @ 1:10 PM
YouTube gives TheWrap a countdown of the film trailers that got the most views in the U.S. in 2019
- By Brian Welk | October 16, 2019 @ 12:31 PM
John contributed a new song for the film's end credits called "Never Too Late" along with lyricist Tim Rice
- By Jeremy Fuster | August 22, 2019 @ 9:34 AM
Jon Favreau's CGI blockbuster will become Disney's highest grossing remake yet
- By Jeremy Fuster | August 11, 2019 @ 8:26 AM
"Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" leads new releases while "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" reaches $100 million
- By Brian Welk and Phil Owen | August 10, 2019 @ 2:30 PM
Jon Favreau's live action take on the 1994 animated classic is very faithful -- does the new film have any new extras after the story ends?
- By Jeremy Fuster | August 2, 2019 @ 1:00 PM
"Avengers: Endgame" couldn't have reached "Avatar" without 3D, but is the format recovering from a big drop in revenue in 2018?
- By Jeremy Fuster | July 30, 2019 @ 8:01 PM
Tarantino film enters crucial second weekend as Universal releases "Fast & Furious" spinoff